gdb

Re: [Gdb] debug level versus size

From: Charles Manning
Subject: Re: [Gdb] debug level versus size
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 13:21:33 +1300

Much of the size is likely due to the inclusion of debug symbol information
in the executable.

Use objdump or similar to see what actual changes have happened in the
executable part of the file.

One trick is to only compile the parts you want to debug without optimisation
and leave the rest optimised.