gdb

[Gdb] Command Line Parameters under gdb

From: Jeffrey Holle
Subject: [Gdb] Command Line Parameters under gdb
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:37:46 -0800

For the first time, I am attempting to employ gdb, which is version 6.0 on my Linux system.

The program that I want to debug is invoked from the command line like:
        ./cppParser test

When running it under gdb, I type 'gdb cppParser test'.

First, I get this error(status?) message at startup: "test" is not a core dump: File format not recognized

When I subsequently run my program, its built-in error message that a required command line parameter is missing goes off.

How does one provide command line parameters to a program being run by gdb?