gdb

[Gdb] Newby, searching for ways to interface with GDB

From: bas . stuifmeel
Subject: [Gdb] Newby, searching for ways to interface with GDB
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:31:11 +0200

Hi all,

Though I have some experience already with debug and tools for embedded
debugging,
I am new to the GDB area. I have subscrivbed to this list in order to ask you
some questions.
I have my own EJTAG box, used for debugging embedded MIPS processors (and
potentially
ARM and DSPs as well).

I would like to know the fastest way to interface with GDB. I know about the
serial interface,
there seems to be GDB support from the MIPS endoresed MDI interface as well.
But I think
there is probably an API in GDB to interface with as well.

First I'd like to know if such an API exists, and if so what does it look like?

I realy hope someoned out there can help me with this.

Kind regards, Bas Stuifmeel.

** Out of my mind, back in five minutes **
Place in organisation: PS/CTO/RTG/EPD/PI&T/Bas Stuifmeel
Working group(s): PS/PAC/HAB/RAB/DAG/Bas Stuifmeel
Address:     Philips Semiconductors B.V.
                   Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656AA, Eindhoven
                   Building: WDA 272 (2nd floor)
                   Phone: +31-40-27 22749
E-mail: address@hidden  Seri: address@hidden