gdb

[Gdb] New GDB debugging stub for DJGPP

From: Schumacher, Gordon
Subject: [Gdb] New GDB debugging stub for DJGPP
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:48:39 -0700

Recently, I tried to set up serial GDB support in our DJGPP application.  I
generally run my application under Win98 - not DOS - and I pretty much
couldn't make it work with the stub included in the DJGPP distribution.  It
appeared to me that characters just weren't getting transmitted/received
reliably.

So, I began casting about for serial libraries that I might use to replace
the unreliable BIOS calls.  What I ended up with, ultimately, is a nice
modular method for using whichever serial library you might already have in
your application.

I've currently written function layers for SVAsync (what I used originally
for development), DZComm (what we're going to use for some other stuff in
our app), and BIOS calls (buyer beware).  I found that debugging performance
was best by far with DZComm.

Since I moved to a Bit-Free Zone(tm) some months ago, my server is without
any connectivity so I have nowhere to host this file.  I'm attaching it here
- it's only 11K - so that someone can put it someplace more reasonable.  It
doesn't have the Makefile or the sample app so as to save space.

Hope this helps folks out!
--
Gordon Schumacher
FaST Tools Group