gdb

[Gdb] How to download an executable to an x86 target running gdbserver?

From: Jaime Bemaras
Subject: [Gdb] How to download an executable to an x86 target running gdbserver?
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 09:59:40 -0700

I am trying to do remote debugging on a target via TCP/IP. I want to download
an executable from the host to the target.

The target is an x86-based SBC (Single Board Computer). Both host and target
are running Linux, albeit the target is running a minimal configuration (for
now). In addition, the target is currently able to run gdbserver, to facilitate
remote debugging without using stubs.

How can I download a new executable to the target?

Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this
post.

Sincerely,

Jaime Bemaras.

--