gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] List owner - Jim Blandy

From: Andrew Cagney
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 13:34:20 -0500

Andrew Cagney wrote:
Jim,

I see you're, unfortunatly, still the owner of this list (and a signatory to
that proposal).

Andrew

I don't see any problem there, can you explain why you
use the term "unfortunately" here?

Robert, as Jim, himself pleaded:

and if you are a willing
member of the GDB steering committee coming at the current debate from
the outside, please volunteer to take over administration of the list.

I've run mailing lists and, seriously, I've found myself with information I really wished I didn't have - and that in this sort of situtation puts Jim at a real disadvantage. One of the Steering committee members netural to this should have stepped forward and taken over the lists management.

Andrew