gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] CentOS 7 RPM - getting closer

From: kht-lists
Subject: [gcmd-dev] CentOS 7 RPM - getting closer
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 18:09:54 +0000

Hello Uwe,

My home made c-g 10.1 package WILL install and run on a CentOS 7 installation
with the gnome3 desktop. It pulls a few packages from CentOS base and meld from
the epel repo.  Of course I had to manually add the
gnome-icon-theme-legacy package (perhaps that can be included some day?) Once
installed it ran fine.

I then tried installing it on a CentOS 7 installation with the Mate desktop
(added to the minimal install, not on top of a gnome3 install.)

First I erased g-c 1.8.1 (from nux-dextop) and did a yum install of my 10.1
package.

Again I received the error:

address@hidden Desktop]$ gnome-commander
(gnome-commander:62287): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 13:25:03.715: Settings schema
'org.gnome.gnome-commander.preferences.general' does not contain a key named
'search-win-is-transient'
Trace/breakpoint trap (core dumped)

I then erased my package and installed 1.8.1 again.  When I first executed g-c
I observed:

address@hidden Desktop]$ gnome-commander
Creating directory /home/ken/.gnome-commander…
** (gnome-commander:62349): WARNING **: 13:32:33.258: Failed to open file
“/home/ken/.gnome-commander/gnome-commander.xml”: No such file or directory
Creating directory /home/ken/.gnome-commander/plugins…

From this I suspect that the way gnome3 and Mate handle preferences is
different. I think I need to figure out where the g-c preferences are saved
both in gnome3 and Mate and how to create the missing key.  Perhaps I can find
something on the gnome3 install and simply copy it to the Mate install.

I will keep you and the list updated.

Ken Taylor