gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Steps to be done before v1.4: Documentation

From: Uwe Scholz
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Steps to be done before v1.4: Documentation
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 09:58:52 +0100

Hi,

>From the coding side it looks to me as if v1.4 is ready to be
released. Of course, there are some open bugs in the master branch
(currently v1.3), but this is also true for the current stable
branch v1.2.8. Open bugs should be closed in later releases.

I think, a very important step is now to check and update the
documentation of gcmd (open it by pressing F1). In v1.3 many new things
have been implemented and others have been changed. Most of them are
listed in the NEWS file.

Up to now I didn't find the time to go through the documentation by
myself and I think I need some help here. It would be very helpful, if
some of you could find the time to have a look at it.

The requirements of the gcmd documentation are:

- Everything should work as described
- New features of v1.3 should be mentioned and explained sufficiently
- Figures should be up to date

So, anybody who wants to volunteer is asked to contribute. Read through
the documentation and send corrections or extensions to me. Ideally as a
patch, but private mail is accepted, too. The documentation itself is
located in "doc/C/".

To check the current documentation, start gnome-commander without the
localization feature:

"LC_ALL=C gnome-commander"

I think we should finish this task within a month, around mid of
February. What do you think? Who can help?

Ciao,
Uwe

PS: The localization of the documentation has to be done afterwards by
the gnome localization teams. I'll send a mail to the translation teams
when we are ready.
https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject
https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome-commander/