gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] mouse buttons as seen by X and kernel evdev

From: Michael
Subject: [gcmd-dev] mouse buttons as seen by X and kernel evdev
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 03:49:23 +0200

My mouse has two additional buttons on top which switch the mouse scan
resolution (equals to speed and accuracy). In Debian (Sid) the kernel ACPI
event system 'evdev' is automaticly chosen as mouse driver in maybe any case,
without any xorg config, and for me it reports 9 Buttons.

[ Actually, a custom xorg config is no more necessary since long and if it is,
it should contain only very few (else missing) things. ]

That said, much of the 'necessities' within following link are kind of
obsolete. But maybe there's some clues as for how the mouse buttons are
recognized.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=219894&highlight=mouseman

Although it's way too much for me to read up, at least today, but maybe just
FYI...