gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] gnome-vfs hangs on accessing /sys/kernel/debug/tracing

From: Alasdair Craig
Subject: [gcmd-dev] gnome-vfs hangs on accessing /sys/kernel/debug/tracing
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:18:18 +0200

Hi!

Gnome-commander hangs when trying to change directory to
/sys/kernel/debug/tracing. The process then needs to be manually killed.

I tracked this down to be a gnome-vfs issue. In dirlist.cc : blocking_list()
a call is made to gnome_vfs_directory_list_load(). This takes in options,
one of them being to retrieve MIME-type info. It is that option that causes
the hang.

If that option is either removed, or alternatively the further option
GNOME_VFS_FILE_INFO_FORCE_FAST_MIME_TYPE (extensions) is added, then the
problem goes away and the directory is displayed as expected. But I'm not
sure if either way is an acceptable patch?

Alasdair