gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Patch: Program terminates to do with GTK_ENTRY edit boxes

From: Alasdair Craig
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Patch: Program terminates to do with GTK_ENTRY edit boxes
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 21:23:08 +0200

Hi!

Gnome-commander 1.2.8.6 disappears when entering anything in the
GTK_ENTRY edit boxes of both the Programs and Devices pages in
Options. gdb shows a segmentation fault, and suggests memory is freed
twice.

The documentation says the text retrieved by gtk_entry_get_text() must
not be freed, so my patch (attached) has simply removed the
corresponding g_free() calls. I'm not experienced with GTK coding, so
I hope this doesn't leak memory.

I looked for an existing item in the Bugzilla list, but don't see one.
I'm using Ubuntu in case that's relevant.

Alasdair