gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Re: find -samefile as gcmd menu program

From: Micha
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Re: find -samefile as gcmd menu program
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 02:28:51 +0100

Got it. Holy shit....! It's tricky. One piece is about environment parsing.
gcmd 'pwd' is always /usr/local/bin, not (as i expected) the active filelist
location. Therefore (and that's the second piece) i saw no reason to avoid
running shell tests just within the same directory. But then i could not
notice that find -samefile can not access the filesystem inode table directly
to lookup the hardlinks (as i expected -- this should be possible on ext3
though ?)  but has to perform a regular search and discover every file
separately. Uhhhgly. I think i need to investigate that more closely some day.

I did some more fixes, the link conversion seems to work now.
FYI attached the last version....

PS In this implementation the hardlinks get a heading "=" so a symlink
'=filename.jpg'  becomes  '==filename.jpg' , that's to have a way to see the
different types immediately.