gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] symlink prefix

From: Piotr Eljasiak
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] symlink prefix
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 00:59:44 +0100

> What i came about, so far, is that it's very useful
> to see immediately if some file is a symlink. Of course,
> there is the legacy '@' prefix, but that view's just not always
> configured. Rather, i wanted something in the filename
> which is independent of the filemanager i use.
> My personal preference is, to set a '=' prefix before
> the filename, like '=Image12345.jpg' which is rather
> clear and easy to remember, and also easy to select.
> The prefix 'Symlink to ' is even more clear, but for my
> personal needs, with long pathnames (deep directory
> structures) i try to be as short as possible.
> How about making the prefix configurable ?

I've committed the changes to cvs. Symlink prefix is now configurable in
~/.gnome2/gnome-commander config file. See key symlink_prefix in
[options] section. Empty value means = use "link to %s" for symlink (or
translation if available), other values = use given value for symlink
name. Note that "%s" IS crucial here - it is expanded to original
filename.

For your case set this key to:
symlink_prefix==%s

Enjoy,