gcmd-devel

[gcmd-dev] Network connections

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: [gcmd-dev] Network connections
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 17:20:38 +0200

I have just discovered and explored network connections
with both mc and nautilus. It works.

Also found this page explaining about how to do it with nautilus:
http://gnomejournal.org/article/12/working-with-remote-resources

I even tried to get gcmd to connect over ssh, but i guess it only
uses ftp. But i imagine it wont be that hard to do since gnome-vfs
obviously has support for ssh and some other protocols. Just a
drop-down box in the "new-conn-dialog" to chose protocol.

How does nautilus do this? Is it doable from cmd-line and does
gnome-vfs mount it somewhare accessible by gcmd? I cannot
find that nautilus mounts anything anywhere when connecting to
a remote machine, i guess that is the "vfs" part about it, but gcmd
also uses the same vfs, so can it be accessible?