gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] Build error CVS

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] Build error CVS
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:45:12 +0200

Piotr Eljasiak wrote:
On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 15:20 +0200, Magnus Stålnacke wrote:

main.c:93: error: "GNOME_PARAM_GOPTION_CONTEXT" odeklarerad (första

GNOME_PARAM_GOPTION_CONTEXT comes from gnome-2.14.0... Yesterday I was
so excited that I got doc framework working at last that I hadn't
checked it for that :o(

Now I have to admit I'm at a loss here - I don't want to add additional
dependencies to gcmd, but on the other hand the alternate is to use
GNOME_PARAM_POPT_TABLE. Unfortunately GNOME docs say:

        GNOME_PARAM_POPT_TABLE is deprecated and should not be used in
        newly-written code. 2.14. Use GOption argument parsing instead,
        with GNOME_PARAM_GOPTION_CONTEXT.
Any suggestions?

I am not sure what you are saying here, but i
iterpret it as the doc framework needs a "bleeding edge"
gnome to work, and that something that would work for
the average user is deprecated and should not be used.
Right?

In that case Gnome are almost saying that developers
should skip to develop any doc framework for the next
year or so (probably longer).

Does gcmd really need this?

Maybe just use plain old textfiles or the man page,
those do work...