gcl-users

Re: [Gcl-users] OpenBSD Package for GCL

From: Robert B. Carleton
Subject: Re: [Gcl-users] OpenBSD Package for GCL
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 18:33:40 -0600

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023 11:47:32 -0600
"Robert B. Carleton via Gcl-users" <gcl-users@gnu.org> wrote:

> Is there any chance that there will be an OpenBSD package for GCL?
> TIA.

I did try to build gcl-2.6.14 on OpenBSD 7.2. Here's the ending of
running configure:

[...]
checking for CFLAG -fno-pic... yes
checking for CFLAG -Wall... yes
checking for CFLAG -Wno-builtin-requires-header... yes
checking for CFLAG -Wno-empty-body... yes
checking for CFLAG -Wno-self-assign... yes
checking for CFLAG -Wno-unused-but-set-variable... yes
checking for LDFLAG -no-pie... yes
checking for inline semantics... new
checking for clang... yes
checking for LDFLAG -Z... no
cannot add -Z to LDFLAGS

I can attach the config.log if that is helpful. I have gmake installed,
but I used the system compiler (clang). It looks like I can install
gcc-8.4.0 or gcc-11.2.0 from the packages collection if need be.