gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [Maxima-discuss] speed of reading data files, was: insta

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [Maxima-discuss] speed of reading data files, was: installation problems
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:49:14 -0500

Thanks!  I'll take a look....

BTW, when benchmarking GCL, it is often useful to make use of the
builtin gprof interface.  On a linux box with a gcl .deb installed, you
can get a profiling image with export GCL_PROF=t.  When building from
source, ./configure ... --enable-gprof.  The profiling images are of
course slower, but reveal bottlenecks.

Build maxima atop a profiling image, then

(%i1) :lisp (si::gprof-start)
(%i3) :lisp (si::gprof-quit)

Take care,