gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] configure error and warnings

From: Blake McBride
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] configure error and warnings
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:59:38 -0500

Thanks.  The patch you offered is not accepted by patch when running against current master.  I made the changes by hand and I got:

# ./configure --enable-ansi
GMPDIR=gmp4
PARGCLDIR=
X_LIBS= -lX11
X_CFLAGS=

PROCESSOR_FLAGS=

EXTRA_LOBJS=
LEADING_UNDERSCORE=
GNU_LD=1
AWK=gawk
address@hidden@
address@hidden@
PATHNAME_BUG=t
add-defs1 amd64-linux
using amd64-linux.defs
 if the 'unknown' directories exist you may provide
a second argument to ./add-defs of a local directory where things might be,
or edit ./add-defs so that it can find them.   Otherwise just continue
and the portions with unknown will not be compiled.

Thanks.

Blake McBride

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Jerry James <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 4:56 AM, Blake McBride <address@hidden> wrote:
> #  ./configure --enable-ansi >xx
> ./configure: line 8423: test: 29: unary operator expected
> configure: WARNING: asm/signal.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: asm/signal.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
> configure: WARNING: asm/signal.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: asm/signal.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: asm/signal.h: proceeding with the compiler's result

I'm attaching the patch we use in Fedora to work around the
asm/signal.h issue.  HTH.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/