gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] linking against extra libraries on non-faslink platforms

From: Matthias Buelow
Subject: [Gcl-devel] linking against extra libraries on non-faslink platforms
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 01:57:04 +0100

Hi folks,

this is my first post on here. Sorry for the intrusion but since there
appears to be no gcl-users mailing list, I'll try my luck on here. If
there's a better place to ask general gcl programming questions, I'd be
happy to know.

So I want to use the C interface and want to link against an external
library, say, ncurses (just an example). I'm on Mac OSX, where
si::faslink isn't supported. What's the best way to get it to work? Do I
have to build a special gcl binary that has a link dependency against
libncurses? And how would I go about that with the least effort? Any
advice is welcome.

Thanks!

Regards,
Matt