gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Some mirrors are missing 2.6.12

From: Jared C. Davis
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Some mirrors are missing 2.6.12
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 10:50:48 -0600

Hi,

Just FYI -- I noticed that when I click on the "download" link at the top of:
    https://www.gnu.org/software/gcl/

I seem to get taken to a random mirror.  Some of these mirrors appear
to have GCL 2.6.12 tarballs, but others do not.  For instance, when I
taken to:

 - http://mirror.keystealth.org/gnu/gcl/    -- has version 2.6.12
 - http://ftp.kaist.ac.kr/gnu/gnu/gcl/      -- stops at 2.6.9
 - http://mirrors.axint.net/repos/gnu.org/gcl/   -- stops at 2.6.9
 - http://mirror.easthsia.com/gnu/gcl/          -- has version 2.6.12

Anyway, I got a copy of 2.6.12 from a mirror that had it, but it seems
like folks could easily end up installing an old version if they are
taken to a mirror that lacks 2.6.12.

Cheers,
Jared

--