gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Support for little-endian ppc64
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 16:08:43 -0600

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think both patches are essentially identical, and work correctly, and
> that this mprotect permission failure is unrelated, and stems from some
> security setting.  If the reloc was wrong, you'd get an illegal
> instruction error, or random corruption.  In the snippet below, it seems
> as if many loads had proceeded correctly before this point.  This seems
> to indicate that there is some permission problem in the particular
> range being loaded at the moment, 0x14e0000.

The mprotect problem is a bug in the kernel being used by Fedora's
ppc64 builders, an early Linux 3.16 version.  The PPC team is
attempting to diagnose and fix the problem.  It is causing problems
for more than just gcl.  Anyway, it is certainly not gcl's problem.

Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/