gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Unrelocated symbol: __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Unrelocated symbol: __aeabi_unwind_cpp_pr1
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 10:56:23 -0600

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> 1) So I take it you also tried Will Newton's shared-libgcc to no avail?

Yes, I tried that approach, and it did not improve the situation.

> 2) Do you know why this arm is different from Debian's armel and armhf?

No. :-(  Perhaps it is the toolchain versions?  I did this build on
Fedora Rawhide, which is currently using gcc 4.9.1 and binutils 2.24.

> 3) Do you know what the symbols do, or what compiled code pulls them in?

They have something to do with the stack unwinding and backtrace
printing code.  I'm afraid that I don't know a lot about the ARM
platform.

> 4) Is this specific to some Fedora gcc compile flag?

Maybe.  I used to block -fstack-protector from being used, because it
caused the build to fail.  However, I read that you had done some work
to make that flag safe to use, so I stopped blocking it.  It is
possible that that has something to do with this problem.  The
Fedora-specific CFLAGS in use are:

-g -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
-fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
-grecord-gcc-switches -fno-omit-frame-pointer -march=armv7-a
-mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard

Maybe -fexceptions is responsible?

Regards,
--