gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.11

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.11
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:28:00 -0400

Greetings!

Will Newton <address@hidden> writes:

> On 11 August 2014 20:25, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Greetings!  I'm planning a 2.6.11 release in about a week, so if anyone
>> has any comments, now is the time :-).  Specifically, I'd like to know
>> if anyone wants/uses a windows installer, or simply builds from source.
>> Skipping this step simplifies things a lot.
>
> If possible it would be nice to get the AArch64 enablement in 2.6.11.
> Is there anything outstanding that needs to be fixed with those
> changes?
>
> Thanks,

I think we are waiting here for reloc support for the custreloc linking
option, no?  Right now, we are in the very favorable position of having
all supported targets use custreloc.  dlopen requires complex additional
support for applications outside of gcl, and is to be regarded as an
emergency or trial build option at the present time.  I'd really hate to
spoil this uniformity and complicate the support of 2.6.11 going
forward, especially since I'm adding support for R_ARM_THM_JUMP24 at the
moment, so this stuff is relatively fresh in my mind.

I can walk you through the steps to get this working via email if you'd
like, but it would be a lot faster if there was ssh access to a
development box.  I'll ask on debian-arm, but please see if you can dig
around and arrange this, just temporarily.

Take care,