gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Hyperspec in info format

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Hyperspec in info format
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 11:45:58 -0400

Greetings!  Many years ago, we had to pull the info formatted draft ansi
spec from the official distribution due to licensing ambiguities.  Since
then, both Allegro and Lispworks have formatted the standard (not draft)
and distribute it freely.  I don't see any reason why a purely
opensource version could not be distributed as well with gcl, though we
would likely have to strip all the formatting and secure the same
permission from x3.org.  I've glanced over the legal section in the
lispworks tarball -- several of the links no longer exist.  I don't have
time to chase this down at present, but I'd like to call for a volunteer
if anyone is interested.  I think it is as simple as coordinating
x3.org, debian-legal, and the fsf on the one hand, and maybe an hour
with 'tidy' and the docbook tools to get the info files.  I will happily
supply the latter if someone else can do the former!

Take care,