gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] [Savannah-hackers-public] ftp.gnu.org directory listing

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] [Savannah-hackers-public] ftp.gnu.org directory listing omits latest gcl release [Re: gcl-2.6.10 availability]
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 10:00:08 -0500

Greetings!

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

> Hi Camm,
>
>     the ftp server is apparently truncating the directory list,
>
> gcl-2.6.10.tar.gz does appears at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/gcl/
> -- right after gcl-2.5.3.tar.gz, more or less in the middle of the list.

How embarrasing -- thanks!

> Also: http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/gcl is preferred over ftp.gnu.org, to spread
> the load (and likely be faster, for anyone not topologically near the
> FSF server).

I"ve updated the webpage to use this for now -- thanks for the tip!  I
thought that this would also have the benefit of a default numerical
sort order, which seems more intuitive, but this appears to fluctuate
with the random mirror selected.  I guess there is no problem with this
fluctuation, but I do know the page is read automatically by
notification scripts, including the debian package watch script.  I'll
keep an eye on it for a few days to see if anything breaks.

Take care,