gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] asdf

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] asdf
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:45:35 -0500

> On the contrary, you've always been very helpful and persistent in your
> reports -- thanks!  I admit to having become intimidated by what
> appeared as the complexity of this project, and always had other fires
> to put out which appeared more pressing ....

Thanks for your appreciation. Yes, ASDF is a complex beast,
but it's nothing compared to GCL in general,
and thanks to you, we're making it a little bit simpler.
I'm glad you're overcome the big fires — congratulations.

* Another GCL compiler bug:
when I changed the definition of getcwd from
(let ((*default-pathname-defaults* #p"")) (truename #p""))
(let ((*default-pathname-defaults* *nil-pathname*)) (truename *nil-pathname*))
to guard against e.g. a logical-pathname context while loading asdf
and parsing #p"",
calls to getcwd result in a segfault.

* An another bug: gcl refuses dynamic-extent declaration on functions.
uiop/stream.lisp:         #-gcl (declare (dynamic-extent ,@(when
before `(#',beforef)) ,@(when after `(#',afterf))))

Issue I assume you're working on:
* (typep p 'logical-pathname) should be T if p has a logical-pathname host.

Previous issues you haven't acknowledged:
* apropos is case-sensitive and returns a same symbol many times
* compile-file fails to return proper secondary values in case of
non-style WARNING.
* (pathname-directory #p"foo/") is incorrectly ("foo") instead of
(:RELATIVE "foo")

I've removed a few #-gcl statements in some tests. I'll run them
again, but I suspect they will fail because of the compile-file issue
above.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast
confederacy of fools that made him their prince.