gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] hash redux

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] hash redux
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:11:44 -0600

Great!  I'm glad the latest mysteries on that test have all been
cleared up.

-- Matt
   From: Camm Maguire <address@hidden>
   Cc: address@hidden
   Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 17:59:55 -0500

   Greetings!

   Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:

   > Greetings!  Before we look further, let me run this in gdb.  I have
   > encountered situations in which the gprof profilier fails to detect the
   > end of certain (optimized, inlined) functions and misreports the
   > statistics.  More later when I get this done.

   Indeed this was the case.  The time is spent roughly 50/50 between gc
   and gethash, and the hash-equal index calculation is scarcely called.

   Take care,
   --
   Camm Maguire                                     address@hidden