gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] lstat [was Re: Windows stuff]

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] lstat [was Re: Windows stuff]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:57:45 -0500

Hi, Camm --

I'm not sure I follow, but I think you're saying that in some Windows
environment, evaluation of (our-user-homedir-pathname) can produce a
pathname ending in "//".  Is that right?  Which version of ACL2 is
this?  Which version of GCL?  What do you get by evaluating
(user-homedir-pathname) instead?

I assume that you'd prefer having (our-user-homedir-pathname) produce
pathnames that do not end in "//".  Would you also prefer that it not
end in "/"?  Please feel free to elaborate; for example, if you happen
to know which function is calling (our-user-homedir-pathname) but
having trouble with its result, I'd be interested in knowing.

Thanks --
-- Matt
   From: Camm Maguire <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:03:44 -0400

   Greetings, and thanks again so much for the use of your windows machine!

   We have

   lstat("c:/emacs",&ss) -> 1, and ss shows its a directory
   lstat("c:/emacs/",&ss) -> 0
   lstat("c:/emacs//",&ss) ->0 ;acl2 our-user-homedir-pathname produces this

   On wine, the trailing slashes are silently eliminated as is customary.
   Should I hardcode this behavior in to make up for the non-uniformity?

   Take care,
   --
   Camm Maguire                                     address@hidden