gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL work with Win7 VM, 11 October 2013

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL work with Win7 VM, 11 October 2013
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 10:29:23 -0400

Greetings!

Donald Winiecki <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Camm,
>
> Apologies for the fuss. I was able to work around things this
> afternoon after you exited.
>
> I've left everything intact.  It's ready when you are!
>
> I'll likely be quite active on that machine starting about 9AM
> Mountain time on Monday 14 Oct.  Please alert me if you'll need it
> after then and I'll try to move some of my more machine intensive
> stuff onto another machine.

I fixed the maxima segfault -- the mingw compiler fails to tail recurse
equal1 (see predicate.c) and blew out the stack, so handcoded the call.
Would be great if someone could file a bug and get this fixed someday.

maxima works, and am checking hol88 (apparently needs work).  acl2 has a
non-gcl related issue I'm writing Matt about, and we don't have the
other prerequisites to try axiom.  Would like to chase down the latter
at some point.  For now don't see any mingw reason to delay release,
though I would like to get working builds of acl2, axiom and hol88 in
general.

I'm done with the box for now.

Take care,