gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva

From: pcpa
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCL build error on OpenMandriva
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 18:04:44 -0300 (BRT)

Camm Maguire escreveu:
> Greetings!

  Hi,

> 1. gcl --enable-custreloc will not yet work with the 'gcc hardening
> wrapper' adding the stack protection flags, etc.  Several relocs are
> missing.

  I am trying to get a proper log in the abf build system, by
submitting builds that I know will fail, just made another one
due to missing texlive stuff in the chroot, but you can find
all build logs following the <<Id>> link frm
https://abf.rosalinux.ru/openmandriva/gcl/build_lists

> 2. I don't think this explains the value stack overflow.  So please
> point to the full build log, and/or arrange for remote ssh access, and
> I'll be happy to fix it for you.

  You can test it on a virtual machine. I suggest this procedure:

$ wget http://lindev.ch/OpenMandriva.alpha.20130612.x86_64.iso

o create a virtual box vm, the Mandriva 64 bits defaults should
be fine

o install the iso image in the vm using defaults

o once you have it installed, as root run:

# urpmi.addmedia --distrib
http://abf-downloads.rosalinux.ru/cooker/repository/x86_64/media
# urpmi git abb
# git clone https://abf.rosalinux.ru/openmandriva/gcl.git
# cd gcl
# abb builda

the above will create a rpmbuild directory and you can
enter the gcl/BUILD/gcl-2.6.8 directory to do partial
builds, and there will be log files saved in the base
directory.

  I understand it is not simple to create the virtual
machine, and requires virtual box, but you should get
it working with qemu/libvirt also. And in the first
call to "abb builda" it should tell there are several
missing build requires, that you can satisfy with
"urpmi $name-of-packages"

  If you have any problems, please let me know. In the
meantime, I will try to contact some abf sysadmin
(weekend and russian timezone) to get a shell account
so that you could avoid the trouble and bandwidth with
downloads to get a simple shell where to debug the build.

Many thanks!
Paulo