gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.9

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] 2.6.9
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:33:57 -0600

While I'm not privvy to the historical specifics and context of GCL (that is, KCL), your conjecture about page and heap limits seems sensible if we consider that KCL was developed when PCs were still affected by MS-DOS and IBM-DOS limits.  (Okay, Win-Whatever is still affected by those things, but arguably much less so, and Win7 has some substantive changes that make for more smiles deep down inside...)

Camm, have you committed the changes mentioned earlier such that I could safely test things on a Windows machine?

Best,

_don