gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] (no subject)

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] (no subject)
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 10:41:09 -0500

Hi, Camm --

Thanks for the #= improvements!

For ANSI GCL, you fixed with-compilation-unit (as per an email you
sent me on April 26, and indeed, it worked after that), but it seems
to be broken again.  (I did succeed, however, in building ACL2 for
non-ANSI on your new gcl.)

It might be good to save an old version each time you update, for
comparison.  I tried to find your previous GCL from the backups, but
it looks like maybe the system of links has changed; I'm not sure.

Yes, I think you'll need ACL2(h) in order to run Jared's example.
Regarding your question on "a binary setup", I think you're asking for
an ACL2 executable based on ANSI GCL, which is what I was trying to
build when I hit the with-compilation-unit problem.  (If you meant
something else, please let me know.)  As to your question about
inclusion of ACL2 "experimental extensions" in the Debian package, I'm
not sure; I'll start a conversation with relevant people and get back
to you.  Do you have any statistics on how many people have downloaded
Debian packages for ACL2?

Thanks --
-- Matt