gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] ASDF 2.32 released
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:19:11 -0700

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Raymond Toy <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Fare> Yes, an executable recipe to compile GCL would be nice.

Well, the only "executable" recipe I've got is the one embedded in the
Fedora gcl source RPM.  It looks like you can get the latest version
of that from here:

http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/gcl/2.6.8/0.14.20130121cvs.fc19/src/gcl-2.6.8-0.14.20130121cvs.fc19.src.rpm

Otherwise, I have turned the RPM build recipe into a series of
instructions, on one of my CSS-less handwritten HTML pages:

http://software.jamezone.org/patch/GCL/

If the look of that page doesn't take you back to the 1990s, I'll eat
my Mosaic web browser.

> The ancient 2.6.8pre was much better at compliance than 2.6.7.  I
> think 2.6.8 is even better, but I suspect it might still be missing
> some things.

Has there been an official 2.6.8 release?  Did I miss something?  I
thought we were still on 2.6.8pre....
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/