gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] the allocate function

From: rorymulv
Subject: [Gcl-devel] the allocate function
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 01:05:59 -0600 (CST)

I was using maxima and got an error like this (then I referred to gcl
documentation):

[

Maxima encountered a Lisp error:

Error in PROGN [or a callee]: The storage for CONS is exhausted.
Currently, 43968 pages are allocated.
Use ALLOCATE to expand the space.

]//end of error

The maxima texinfo manual says to refer to the gcl documentation regarding
ALLOCATE or GBC.  However, when I look up ALLOCATE in the gcl texinfo
manual, it doesn't really give the usage details (for allowable "types"),
and furthermore when I type (ALLOCATE CONS 50000) in gcl, I get an error
saying "the variable CONS is unbound".  I'm using gcl 2.6.7-62, and
gcl-doc (same version) in Debian stable, and the maxima version I'm using
is 5.21.1-2squeeze (in Debian stable).

Thanks and regards,
Rory