gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] build-index, cl-ppcre and github

From: Stefano Ferri
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Maxima] build-index, cl-ppcre and github
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:20:15 +0100

2011/2/16 Leo T Butler <address@hidden>
Sure, the first problem is that gcl complains that the package
user is undefined; if I add (defpackage :user), then compilation proceeds
until I get

;    - Compiling module "declarations"
check_type_symbol is undefined

Since there is a line in the lmdcls.lisp which looks like it does define
check_type_symbol, I'm lost.

gcl is compiled with --enable-ansi.

Leo

I cannot be helpful here... I never saw an error like that. My problems, solved thanks to Camm Maguire, were different. I am still wondering why this happens...
I don't know if it can be useful, anyway I have attached the script I'm using to compile gcl and create the slackware package. After commenting some lines where "requiredbuilder", "makepkg" "cat slack-desc" (and maybe other slackware-related words) are present, the resulting binaries should be the same as mine. But there is nothing particular in the script, I don't know...

Stefano