gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: gcl-2.6.8
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:26:37 -0500

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:31 AM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I've done a cvs update of open axiom, and I still have libtool
> problems.  I've checked in fixes to the gcl 2.6.8pre branch that
> enables standalone compiler::link under mingw/wine for me.  I've also
> verified a maxima/gcl-ansi/wine build.

Hi Camm,

Thanks for the update and fixes.
I'm currently on the "road" with only a windows 64-bit, so I cannot test
the new patches on the windows 32-bit.  But I'll do early next week.

> I've extended the custom elf relocation facility to arm, mips, mipsel,
> alpha, s390, sh4, ppc, sparc, amd64, and i386.  I'm about to release a
> debian package -63 to test this on the autobuilders.  All that is
> missing is ia64 and hppa elf for native loading.  All known macho and
> coff targets work.
>
> If someone wants to volunteer for the ia64 and hppa relocs, that would
> be great.  Just a small file needed, e.g. elf64_ia64_reloc.h -- see
> examples already in place.

Unfortunately, all my non-windows 64-bit boxes are amd64 (or my operating
system pretends so.)

> I think all the other path issues regarding wine/mingw are fixed.
> I've checked in a 'gcc' to the unixport/msys build which will
> hopefully not tie up the native mingw build.  I have not looked at
> mingw64, though someone should if they have time.

Great!

> I'll be away for one week starting tomorrow.
>
> Even with --host=mingw32, open axiom is still complaining on its own C
> code, so I can't really test this further.

Is it the error the same as you reported earlier, or is it something else?
The reason I am asking is that I have tested the codes on msys/mingw32,
opensuse, fedora, and opensolaris with no problem.
Could you send me the exact error messages?

Thanks!

-- Gaby