gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: ACL2 Version 4.0

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: ACL2 Version 4.0
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:40:40 -0500

Hi, Camm --

I'm about to leave the country for over 2 months -- am busy packing
and then will be at a conference, then traveling.  So it may take me
at least a couple of weeks.

Do you have any tools for mapping files from the ACL2 distribution to
the Debian distribution?  It seems to me that inspecting on a
file-by-file basis is excessively time-consuming; probably there's a
way to map just a few directories that is sufficient to guide the
process, and maybe you already have such a system.  Even some sort of
guiding principle in English might be useful for me to help validate
the Debian organization of ACL2 files.

I've attached a list of all files in the ACL2 distribution, as though
using "ls -1R", in case that helps.

Thanks for your work for Macs!

-- Matt
   cc: address@hidden
   From: Camm Maguire <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:16:32 -0400

   Greetings!

   1) I've uploaded acl2-4.0 into Debian.  I know there are perhaps some
   non-trivial changes, so I was wondering if you would find it useful to
   reexamine the acl2 package structure for needed changes.  If so, you
   can find .deb files at

    ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/a/acl2/*4.0*i386*deb

   and can see a listing with

   dpkg -c foo.deb

   or

   ar x foo.deb; tar tvf data.tgz

   2) I have the ppc and intel macs working together now on the same
   codebase.  Have not yet uploaded into the gcl cvs source tree.  Your
   machine has been invaluable -- thanks!
   --
   Camm Maguire                                     address@hidden