gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux

From: Wolfgang Pichl
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:31:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Camm Maguire wrote:

My apologies for this somewhat sscatterred state of affairs, but here
is the GCL development convention:

x.y.z, y even -- stable series
      y odd  -- development series

2.6.8 will be the next stable release.  It really should have been
released some time ago.  2.7.0, aka cvs HEAD, is the development
snapshot and can experience breakages from time to time.

To get 2.6.8pre, which is the branch that will be tagged as 2.6.8 when
released, do

cvs -z9 -q -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl \
    co -d gcl-2.6.8pre -r Version_2_6_8pre gcl

To get cvs head, do

cvs -z9 -q -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl \
    co -d gclcvs-2.7.0 gcl

Obviously I have the cvs head. I simply did

cvs -z9 -q -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/gcl \
     co gcl

without specifying any version. I was not aware of different versions available; browsing the cvs repository only shows one single version. My apologies, I am not very experienced with cvs...
Obviously I should try 2.6.8pre. I'll do that now and report success or
failure soon.

Many thanks
Wolfgang Pichl