gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 15:24:56 -0600

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Wolfgang
Pichl<address@hidden> wrote:
> I tried two patches from a gcl-2.6.7-14.fc7 source RPM I happened two find
> somewhere on the web. The first one, gcl-bash.patch, solved a syntax error
> in the configure script, the other one, gcl-pers.patch, seems to be supposed
> to work around the brk randomization problem, but this did not work for me,
> I still had to disable the randomization. Probably there are newer and
> better patches, I just used, what I found by googling. Anyway, I'll give up
> with 2.6.7 and hope to get the CVS version to work.

Oh, so I lied then.  I'm not responsible for those patches. :-)  I
stashed mine here: http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/gcl/ (but, like I
said, note that some of those have already been applied to CVS).

> I'll try this tomorrow, because I am not in my office yet. Many thanks for
> the tip.

I hope it does you some good.  Let us know if it helps or not.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/