gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] cvs make on redhat 5.0

From: Jim Ward
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] cvs make on redhat 5.0
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:36:56 -0600

reply vs reply-all.  sorry about that.

There is an error in the spec file.  Needed to remove the "%patch5 -p1"  line.
Just for sanity, I commented out the /usr/local, until I knew it would complete.
There rpmbuild -ba worked, compiled, failed to build packages.
attached is the bottom part of the build and errors. Mostly it appears to want all the .c .h files but can't find them or doesn't need them, not sure. I'm an SysAdmin that still likes make and hacks source files. rpmbuild is still a little like magic to me.

On the up side, gcl 2.6.8 does work. I went into /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/gcl-2.6.8 found everything. ./configure; make; make install and it was happy and worked. acl2 v3.5 compiled using it.

I'm willing to continue to try and get rpm files, if you are.

--
Jim Ward

A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human
life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he
will never sit.
                - Elton Trueblood

Quoting Jerry James <address@hidden>:

Let's keep the list involved, in case someone else has a similar
question/problem later.