gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux

From: Wolfgang Pichl
Subject: [Gcl-devel] build failure on x86_64 linux
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 18:33:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
I am trying to build gcl on x86_64 Linux (SLAMD64 distribution). I had any kind of weird problems configuring and compiling the stable 2.6.7. After applying 2 patches from Fedora and switching off brk randomization in /proc/sys/kernel, I got at least 'configure' to work. 'Make' had a problem linking libbfd.a, because the version I have requires to link with libz. This could be solved by adding the linker flag -lz in makedefc and makedefs, but finally compilation ended with a segmentation fault. Therefore I decided to use the CVS. This worked much better, but finally also failed.

The tool I am using:
gcc version: 4.2.4
binutils:    2.18.50
glibc:       2.7

These are my configure options:

./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib64 --enable-readline --enable-ansi --enable-xgcl --enable-tkconfig=/usr/lib64 --enable-tclconfig=/usr/lib64

Configure worked without any problem, however, after a long compilation 'make' ended up with the following error:

Pass1 signature discovery on 1095 functions ...
; (DEFUN PCL::|(FAST-METHOD SHARED-INITIALIZE :AFTER (STRUCTURE-CLASS T))|
        ...) is being compiled.
;; Warning: arg type mismatch in auto-proclamation (T T STRUCTURE-CLASS
                                                    T T) -> (T T T T T)

; (DEFUN PCL::|(FAST-METHOD SHARED-INITIALIZE :AFTER (STD-CLASS T))|
         ...) is being compiled.
;; Warning: arg type mismatch in auto-proclamation (T T PCL::STD-CLASS
                                                    T T) -> (T T T T T)

Error:
Fast links are on: do (si::use-fast-links nil) for debugging
Signalled by LET.
SIMPLE-ERROR: can't compile (PCL::FAST-METHOD PRINT-OBJECT (CONDITION T))

Broken at LET.  Type :H for Help.
1 (Continue) Retry compiling (CONDITIONS::|(PCL::FAST-METHOD PRINT-OBJECT (CONDITION T))|
                                  NIL).
2 Return to top level.
COMMON-LISP-USER>>make[1]: *** [final] Error 255
rm recompile.h pre_init.lsp post_init.lsp
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/gcl/unixport'
make: *** [system] Error 2

Can anybody help me?

N.B. I posted this already yesterday, but obviously too early (after subscribing, but before receiving the confirmation mail). Obviously my first post has been ignored (as it should). Anyway, please excuse, if this
should appear doubly on the list.

Best regards
Wolfgang Pichl