gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] still have "Bad plist" problem

From: Matt Kaufmann
Subject: [Gcl-devel] still have "Bad plist" problem
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 18:42:20 -0500

Hi, Camm --

By the way, I'm still seeing a problem with GCL 2.6.8pre that we've
discussed over the years:  A "Bad plist" error that seems to occur
randomly.  I don't have any suggestions -- we've kind of exhausted
what I can offer, and unfortunately, the error seems intermittent.
Anyhow, I thought  you might want to know it's still there.  At UT CS,
the version I used is /lusr/opt/gcl-2.6.8pre/bin/gcl, and my latest
error looks like this:

  Error: Bad plist ((< (EXPO X) K) (IF (< # A) (IF # # ...) ...) (QUOTE NIL))

But "Bad plist" has taken many different forms over time.

I've run the ACL2 regression on Clozure CL (CCL) with safety 3 not
long ago (and ACL2 has changed little since then), so there's some
evidence at least that this isn't ACL2's fault.

My only suggestion is that you run a bunch of regression runs and see
if you can make this happen on your own system.  But maybe that's not
helpful.

Regards,
Matt