gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: fricas Debian package

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: fricas Debian package
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:39:00 -0500

Greetings!

Waldek Hebisch <address@hidden> writes:

> Any progress or problems with the package?  I hope that using
> the patch I posted FriCAS should build on all Debian platforms.

Looking good so far, but alas I will be out of the country for the
next 10 days.  Hope to finalize sortly after returning.

> BTW:  You wrote on gcl mailing list about problems with stratified
> garbage collection on Sparc.  I may add to this that in the past
> from time to time I have observed random crashes during FriCAS build
> (I typically build on amd64, so the crashes were on amd64).
> I have set sgc to nil (and safety to 1) and it looks that crashes
> are gone -- so now normal FriCAS build disables sgc.

Thanks for the report!  Have seen no problems with acl2/amd64, which
is a heavy sgc user.  But I look forward to debugging this.  Perhaps
when I return you can give me some details as to how to reproduce,
though I likely can figure it out myself :-).

Take care,