gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] How to submit GCL patches
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:22:08 -0700

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Camm Maguire <address@hidden> wrote:
Greetings!  OK, there is a beginning of a newer configure.in setup in
cvs head now, together with a set of misc fixes, some of which are
your patches.  Still processing the rest, but thought you might want
to take a look now if interested.  Suggestions most welcome.  And as
before, I'm testing with gcc 4.3, so lets defer the 4.4 warnings for
now if that's OK.  I'm assuming the workaround you meantioned earlier
still holds.

Take care,
--
Camm Maguire                                        address@hidden
"The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens."  --  Baha'u'llah

Yes, compiling with -fno-strict-aliasing produces a good build.  I still plan to look into what code changes need to be made to avoid using that switch, but I'm fine with making that a longer-term goal.

I probably won't have time to look at what you've done until the weekend.  I will take a look, though.  Regards,
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/