gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] GCC 4.4 and strict aliasing

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] GCC 4.4 and strict aliasing
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 20:43:03 -0500

Greetings, and thanks so much for looking into this!

As always, a small code example is worth its weight in gold.  I'm
assuming we're referring to code emitted by the GCL lisp compiler?  If
not, the task is considerably simpler.  In either case, we've adapted
to gcc changes before and can do so again.  4.4 is not yet in Debian
sid, apparently.

BTW, I've made considerable progress on your very helpful patches and
will have more to report soon.

Take care,