gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: interrupts in 64-bit GCL

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: interrupts in 64-bit GCL
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 01:52:02 -0500

Greetings!

Yes, safety, which stands for 'safety level 3', essentially passes all
function calls through the interpreter, disables inlining, etc.  2.7.0
has made this less severe, while reserving the old mode for safety
level 4.  In any case, one gets code with most checks with safety
level 2 (declaim (optimize (safety 2))).  The precise definitions were
discussed in an earlier post if interested.  We can revisit this if
desired.

I think one could do an open axiom test of the -g effects with

(setq compiler:*cc* (concatenate 'string compiler::*cc* " -g "))

If you get timing results I'd be interested.

Take care,