gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Patch: adapt to newer autoconf versions

From: Jerry James
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Patch: adapt to newer autoconf versions
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:52:13 -0700

Sorry for the long delay in replying.  Real Life intervened for a few days.

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM, Aleksej Saushev <address@hidden> wrote:
> "Gabriel Dos Reis" <address@hidden> writes:
>> Yes, I understand that.  I guess, my point is that GCL runs also
>> on non GNU systems (e.g. *BSD, MAC, MinGW, etc)
>
> No, it doesn't. GCL doesn't run on BSD systems, except FreeBSD when
> heavily patched to do so. GCL is unportable.

The intent of the patch I submitted is to port the autoconf bits
forward to a more recent version of autoconf, rationalizing a few
things on the way.  If someone would like to take the next step and
test for isnormal and friends directly, that's great, but goes beyond
what I intended to do.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/