gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Patch: compile with newer system BFD libraries

From: Jerry James
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Patch: compile with newer system BFD libraries
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 08:59:09 -0700

This patch detects whether a newer system BFD library is being used,
specifically one that requires an output BFD.  If so, it adds code to
set up a dummy output BFD.  This lets me compile successfully with the
Fedora 9 BFD library.

This patch requires regenerating the configure script with autoconf,
and also using autoheader to regenerate h/gclincl.h.in.
Unfortunately, autoconf 2.61 generates a configure script that will
not run successfully, due to some obsolete autoconf usages in the
current configure.in.  I'll send a patch to fix that in a moment.
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/