gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Building GCL on MS-Vista

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Building GCL on MS-Vista
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 20:52:24 -0600

Just to make an early announcement, I've managed to root out a few
disconnected sources that allowed me to successfully setup MinGW, MSYS
and GCC so I can build GCL on my new Vista box.  I've built gcl-2.6.8pre
in both ANSI and CLtL1 form under Vista and both seem to operate
properly through a few simple tests.

I'll be writing up the details in an update to the procedure I prepared
a few months ago and send that on to the list.  At that point it would
be good if anyone else with a Vista machine could try it out to make
sure it works more generally.

When I can, I'll get up to speed on how to insert it into the CVS for
broader distribution.

Best,

_don winiecki