gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Minor? problem making gcl-2.6.8pre on a Mac

From: jeff
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: Minor? problem making gcl-2.6.8pre on a Mac
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 20:15:38 +0000

Quoting Raymond Toy <address@hidden>:

address@hidden wrote:
Everything seemed to go well until:
XLIB>pdflatex dwdoc.tex
make[1]: pdflatex: Command not found
make[1]: *** [dwdoc.pdf] Error 127
make: *** [unixport/saved_gcl] Error 2

I ended up with no "gcl" script in "bin", and
no unixport/saved_gcl, though there is a unixport/saved_pre_gcl.

I just commented out the dependency to dwdoc.pdf. Then the build finishes and creates the expected binaries. I don't know what is missing (other than the pdf file) if you don't build dwdoc.pdf.

Unless dwdoc.pdf is really, really necessary, I think it would be better to separate the building of the executable from the building of the pdf/documentation files.

Thanks!  That did get me further, and I now seem to have
a unixport/saved_gcl and bin/gcl.

However, I then get some new errors, though presumably
still minor ones:

/bin/sh: line 1: tex: command not found

and, later:

.../gcl-2.6.8pre/info/gcl-tk/index.html: Is a directory

-- Jeff